Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Laundry Lapsed!

I sometimes get distracted and lack the necessary follow-through on basic household chores.  My husband has given me reminders when I have walked away from a task and failed to return to it for several days and yet sometimes I continue to get side tracked and end up spanked.

Laundry is one of those things that has a start and a finish but it does not require my undivided attention since I am not going to stand around and watch a load wash (even though the washer would allow me to do that since it has a glass door on the front) and I am not going to wait for the dryer to complete its cycle.  The trick is in the timing.  I put in a load of wash, return to put it in the dryer, and return once more to remove the clothes to be folded and put away.  Often the clothes end up on the bed briefly because I walk away from them and return a short time later to put them away because I need to put the load from the washer into the dryer and then start a new load in the washing machine.  Laundry can take all day to complete but I am doing other things at the same time while the machines do the work.  My difficulty is in remembering that I am doing laundry when I am also busy doing other things.

There have been occasions when I have walked away from a load of clothes on the bed and not made it back right away to finish the job of folding them and putting them away.  Usually I will return at a later time, see the laundry pile, and take care of it before the wrinkles set in too badly.  Sometimes I don't get to the load in the dryer right away and I have to set it on a tumble press cycle to work out the wrinkles that have set while the clothes were sitting in the dryer.  On occasion it has taken a day or more to return to the load because, unlike a pile on the bed, it is out of sight and out of mind.  I typically realize that there is a missing load when someone runs out of socks or underwear and they can easily be retrieved from the dryer because wrinkles are not an issue with undergarments such as socks and underwear.

The real problem is forgetting about a load of wash for a few days because it slipped my mind and I did not notice the clothes stuck to the sides after a spin cycle, even though a keen observer can see them through the glass door on the front of the washer.  When I forget a load of wash for a few days, the result is foul smelling laundry that needs a repeat wash (which unfortunately uses more soap, water, and electricity than necessary).  Somehow my husband has an eye for laundry that I do not have.

Not long ago I left a load of wash in the washer long enough to cause a stink and I was warned that if it continued to happen I would be spanked.  I agreed because I am aware that it is a problem for me and something I need to correct.  Unfortunately I did not figure out a solution to the problem and it happened again.

I am not sure what day last week I decided to do laundry but what I am sure about is that a load was still in the washer today when my husband came home from work and I had not done laundry today.  When he asks questions that do not seem to require a specific answer I can get often away with being vague and sometimes that works.  For example, he may ask, "how long has that load of laundry been in the washer?" and I may answer, "not long" and he will accept that for an answer.  Not today!  My error may have been that I had not even realized that there was anything in the washer because it had been last week since I did laundry.  Somehow, "huh, what laundry?" is not an acceptable answer to the question when I have already been given a fair number of warnings.

So, I had a spanking coming but because my husband did not put me over his knee right then and there, I thought I was going to get away with another warning.  I added soap and ran the washer, then walked away from it and continued working on other things.  I checked my e-mail and to my surprise my husband had posted on his blog that his wife would be spanked soon!  I am a follower on his blog so I get updates everytime he posts and there have been times I wondered if I was due for a spanking based on something he posted.  This left little room for doubt that he intended to spank me even though he had not done so right away.  I don't do well with the anticipation of a spanking and he knows it.  Still, he sometimes tells me I am going to be spanked without actually spanking me then and there.

I know some women actually enjoy the emotional tension that accompanies the anticipation of a spanking but not me.  If I had access to pain killers that I could take prior to a spanking it might be good to know it was coming but since I don't have a prescription for narcotics it does me no good to wait for the moment to come when I will be feeling painful sensations across my bare bottom.  When I am spanked I really prefer to have it happen immediately because then it is over with before I have a chance to try thinking my way out of it.

The "lecture" part of a spanking has to happen before my mind can attempt to process the situation from an innocent standpoint rather than a guilty one, and the physical part needs to follow for it to have the intended impact.  The more time there is between a behavior and consequence, the more time I have to justify the behavior instead of the consequence.

My husband is fair so when he decides to spank me it is because I need a spanking.  I accept the spanking because I trust him to be fair.  I don't question his authority over me unless he gives me the opportunity to question him.  When my husband says he is going to spank me but then there is a lapse of time between the words and his action, I take that to mean that there is a chance he will change his mind or that I can change his mind for him.  He may be unaware that this is how my mind works under the circumstances but I have often had people tell me they will do something and they don't follow through, leaving me to doubt that they mean what they say.  My husband has on occasion made references to wanting to spank me for something that he didn't spank me for so perhaps that has led me to believe that there is an opportunity for negotiation when it comes to his decision to spank me.  Whatever the reason, the fact is that the more time I have between being told I will be spanked and the actual spanking, the more likely I will recover from the instant feeling of remorse and end up with a more defiant attitude that is harder to break through.

Another thing that I have difficulty with is combining discipline with sex.  For me, sexual contact with my husband is about me wanting to please him and wanting him to be pleased with me.  I do not find spankings erotic or pleasurable but I do find sex to be pleasurable.  It is difficult for me to transition from the acceptance that I have done wrong and deserve to be spanked as a result of my behavior to then having sexual desires.  I am available to my husband sexually whenever he has a sexual desire for me and yet spankings and sex don't mix as well for me as they do for him.  He may be aroused when spanking me because he thinks I have a beautiful bottom and his spanking me is a loving gesture but my mind has a hard time mixing pain and pleasure the way some people do.

When I am truly ashamed for disappointing my husband it is hard to feel desirable at the same time, even if he finds me desirable.  I know he likes the appearance of my bottom when it has been spanked and I want to please him sexually but a spanking is not in the same category as erotic foreplay in my mind.  I am not sure how to get my mind to be more cooperative in this area.  I am most definitely sexually submissive and prefer a sexually dominant partner so I want my husband to take the lead in the bedroom.  I don't mind having sex immediately following a spanking but I personally would prefer the spanking and sex to be separate as much as possible with more sex than spankings.

My husband has made comments that I should be spanked more than I am and I know that he lets me off at times when a spanking is deserved.  It is possible I would do a better job keeping up with this blog if I were spanked more frequently because it gives me something to write about, LOL.  He asked me earlier if I was testing his resolve and I don't think that is the case.  I want to be an obedient wife and yet I know that my strong personality has the potential to create powers struggles if I were to choose to be rebellious against my husband's authority in our relationship.  Fortunately my husband would spank me rather than allow that to happen to our relationship.

It is not the spankings I like, rather I like the fact that he will put me over his knee and spank me when it is for my own good.  It is not only my thinking that I can say or do something to convince my husband that I have learned my lesson without his enforcing the message in my brain with a physical reminder, it is the thinking that I can manipulate time in order to change the behavior that got me into trouble.  By the time I am over his knee with my pants down, my mind has already corrected the problem by going back in time and avoiding the mistake that led to the punishment.  In addition, my brain comes up with every justification imaginable so that instead of getting caught and being accountable right away, I manage to deflect the blame onto an entirely different set of circumstances.  In the case of the laundry, I actually came up with the idea that my husband had put the clothes in the washer and left them there instead of me so I was being unjustly punished for his amusement!  Of course that was nowhere near the truth but it is an example of how desperately I will seek to remove myself from the consequences of my own behavior if given enough time to think my way out of an upcoming spanking. 

2 comments:

  1. I do really want to sympathise with you RR but at the same time I think that you did deserve a good smack-bottom on the laundry issue.Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know for a fact that I deserved the spanking, LOL! We had a conversation the other night because I had not been keeping up with housework the way I should and he finally brought it up and threatened me with a spanking if I did not have certain chores done by the time he came home from work (which of course were done as he requested). I told him that when he does not say anything and lets me slide that I sort of take advantage of his leniency and assume it is fine that I am not getting things done the way I should. He does not micro-manage me or look for reasons to spank nor does he spank without looking at how well he is meeting his own responsibilities first so, if I am supposed to have the living room cleaned up, he makes sure he has not contributed to the mess before he holds me accountable. He is also good at giving me hints and warnings that he is running out of patience so I know that I better look at how well I manage my time to make sure I get certain things done while he is at work. Sometimes "reminder" spankings work to prevent me from working up to a "discipline" spanking when I get too distracted and fail to take care of routine things the way I should. I am not a "lazy" wife who gets spanked for laziness, rather I tend to go in too many directions at once and spread myself too thin in certain areas. Laundry is one of those things that I need to schedule during the week or it does not get done until he is completely out of socks and has to wear a pair of dirty socks to work. He is certainly capable of washing his own laundry but it is something I do because he does so many other things and it is how we balance the division of labor in our household. Since laundry is my responsibility I need to make sure he has clean socks for work and not go too long between loads of laundry, although I am seriously thinking we need to buy some more socks in order to buy me some more time between loads! ;)

    ReplyDelete