Saturday, May 21, 2011

Household Maintenance

Sometimes it takes a maintenance spanking to remind me to keep up with household chores.



I like having a clean house where everything is in its place.  However, I also have a bad habit of setting something down where it does not belong in order to take care of it later.  Then I get distracted and I move on to something else before completing the first task.  I start a load of laundry and then forget about it until the next day.  I fill the dishwasher but still have dishes that need to wait until the next load so they don't get done until the next day after I remember to unload the dishwasher.  It is not that I am so forgetful that I can't remember what I am doing, I am busy with so many different projects at once that doing tasks that allow me to walk away from them for a period of time results in my forgetting what I was doing before I moved onto something else


Sometimes it only takes a verbal reminder or a question about a task that still needs completing.  Usually I can get back to a chore and complete it without needing anything further than a warning.  On occasion I put something off and do not heed the reminders in order to complete the task in a timely manner, especially in situations where it is out of mind once it it out of sight such as with laundry.


I have an understanding HOH who knows that I work to keep up with everything but sometimes life happens and I get distracted.  He also gets distracted by unexpected life events that need to be scheduled around.  We both do our best to keep up with everything that needs to be done.  That is why it is an extra burden on him to have to remind me what I should be doing when he has enough of his own things to keep up with on his own.  He does not seem to put off quite the same way I do either since he tends to do better when it comes to sticking with one job and finishing it before moving onto something else.


When life becomes unmanageable for me that is a pretty clear indication that a spanking is needed.  It helps me adjust my priorities and focus on what needs to be done to avoid another spanking.  This is when maintenance type spankings are helpful.  They are not as severe as punishment spankings but they serve as a reminder of what I will be in for if I do not meet the expectation that will allow me to avoid being punished.  Sometimes it might be a few swats with a cutting board that my husband insists looks like a paddle, LOL.  Other times it might be a bare bottom OTK hand spanking.  He might even bend me over the back of the couch to take care of business quickly and then we go on with our routine.  Maintenance spankings do both of us good because it is also brings out my submissive nature and his dominance.


I don't think I consciously test him to know if he is paying attention to what I do but it is good for me to know that what I do is important enough that he notices when I fail to do it.  So often the chores I do are not obvious unless they don't get done.  If there are a few dishes piled in the sink I would not get spanked for that but if there is a full dishwasher load and another full load of dishes in the sink that would be evidence that I have not been keeping up with the dishes.  When something gets to the point where I deserve a spanking, there is no question that my HOH is being fair and that it was ultimately my choice to be spanked when I had plenty of chances to avoid a spanking.  Instead of laying a guilt trip on me or playing mind games, he takes care of business and we both feel better afterwards.


I don't like being spanked so I try to do what I need to do because I need to do it anyway and it will allow me to avoid being spanked, but maintenance or reminder spankings are less severe than punishment spankings so they are not as painful and the physical effects are not as long lasting.  I prefer maintenance spankings to avoid punishment spankings so in that way I know that I have been able to get back on track before getting too far off track that I earn a punishment spanking. 


Ideally, I would remember to keep up with everything that is my responsibility as a wife and mother but the reality is that I sometimes put too much effort and energy into things that are not productive.  I may spend too much time online or I might not manage my time effectively.  I have never been able to stick with routines very well and yet being on a schedule would be helpful when it comes to keeping up with everything in a timely manner.  My husband does not want to micromanage my time and yet it may be helpful to set timelines for getting certain things done.  He sometimes asks me to do something and then when I put it off to a later time I forget about it.  I keep a schedule of activities outside of the home so I may need to start scheduling things that need to be done inside the home in a similar way.


I have found that accountability is important for me.  If I am not held accountable there is not the same motivation for doing what I need to do.  I can be self-disciplined in most areas of my life but there are some things I need help with because I lack the self-discipline necessary.  Being disciplined with corporal punishment helps me become better self-disciplined once I practice developing good habits because then it becomes habitual and I don't have to think so hard to remember what needs to be done.  I want to have a home that I can be proud of without messes that make me ashamed of my housekeeping skills so spanking has been a useful tool in our household.  I would much rather face the humiliation of a spanking with my HOH than to feel ashamed about having guests in our home.  When everything is in its place as it should be, we can all relax and enjoy our home and each other's company.  That is very rewarding for me, thanks to my HOH giving me the maintenance spankings that happen from time to time when the reward is not enough and I need some extra motivation.

1 comment:

  1. You have an obviously well thought out understanding of Domestic Discipline, as well as a tremendous ability to express it. My wife and I echo your sentiments.

    ReplyDelete